Category: Community

Questions

Successful people ask better questions, and as a result they get better answers and more powerful solutions.

— Various —

Take a look at your goals and ask yourself this most important question; “Who can best help me achieve my goals?”  Then begin to ask these resources the questions that will help shape your future direction. Nothing great in life happens by doing it alone. P.E.A.C.E. Jay@EagleLaunch.com Proverbs 15:22, “Without counsel plans fail, but…

Read more »

Sweet Darkness

Great poem by David Whyte: P.E.A.C.E. Jay@EagleLaunch.com Hebrews 10:24-25, “And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

A Daily Goal…*

Anyone can carry his burden, however hard, until nightfall.  Anyone can do his work however hard, for one day.  Anyone can live sweetly, patiently, lovingly, purely, till the sun goes down.  And this is what life really means.  ~Robert Louis Stevenson This quote by Stevenson is all about living in the moment. Tall order but…

Read more »

Daily focalPOINT – Hearts

“Carve your name on hearts, not tombstones.  A legacy is etched into the minds of others and strories they share about you.”  ~Shannon Alder A couple days ago I was heading home from an annual golf outing put on by my friend Bob McCurdy.  For 15 years Bob has directed and guided the Ohio Northern…

Read more »

Daily focalPOINT – Dumb or Depth

o-pin-ion (noun) 1.  A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge. I can remember receiving a call from my daughter during the first month of her freshman year of college.  She said; “Dad, I feel so overwhelmed when I talk to my classmates (she was at an Ivy League School),…

Read more »

Daily focalPOINT – Conflict

“Conflict cannot survive without your participation.”  ~Wayne Dyer If you are one who is always in confict with something the conflict is not about something it is about you. Life is so much easier when I choose to accept the things I cannot change, change the things I can and walk away with grace from…

Read more »

Daily focalPOINT – Temper

“Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.”  ~Robert Frost An attribute of a great leader is the ability to “temper” one’s anger. I recall a few years ago a leader telling me boldly, “I’ve got a bad temper; you just need to know that.”  I thought…

Read more »

Daily focalPOINT – Grow Your Know

“The more a man knows, the more he forgives.”  ~Catherine the Great …so I guess the less a man forgives the less he knows… Today I know those who are in constant turmoil and at war with others are simply living in a very small world  where they are always trying to fit others into…

Read more »

Daily focalPOINT – Respect

“The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.”  ~Ann Landers I love this quote from Ann Landers and I also believe the true measure of a leader is how he or she treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. Whether you are trying…

Read more »

Esteem

“Shallow is a personal esteem built upon the opinions of others.”  ~Jay Meyer How much time do you waste worrying about what other people think about you? I’m not saying we shouldn’t be respectful of others but I am way too busy working on my God-dream to be concerned about what others think or say…

Read more »