Category: Community

The End Part 2

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

— Lennon and McCartney-Abbey Road "The End" —

“And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make.”  ~Lennon and McCartney This is a continuation from yesterday’s post… One of my all-time favorite Beatle songs, “The End,” is the grand finale on their last album, Abbey Road.  The song has a pretty cool drum solo by Ringo, as…

Read more »

The End

And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

— Lennon and McCartney-Abbey Road "The End" —

“And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.”  ~Lennon and McCartney We continue looking at the relational component of our Wheel of Life. The following is from my book, In Search of PEACE: Back in July of 2009, I can remember starting my day doing something no dog owner…

Read more »

Walk It

I would much rather learn from watching a person's walk than listening to them talk.

— Jay Meyer —

I would much rather learn from watching a person’s walk than listening to them talk.  ~Jay Meyer Today, we continue our focus on the relational component of our Wheel of Life.   I believe a big reason for the world’s not so lustrous view of Christianity is that many Christians find God, they get saved,…

Read more »

Lending to The Lord

He who is kind to the poor, lends to the Lord and He will reward him for what he has done.

— Proverbs 19:17 —

Proverbs 19:17 (NIV), “He who is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will reward him for what he has done.” Today we continue our focus on the relational component of our Wheel of Life. The Lord not only tells us to love and help others, but he “wired” us to be a…

Read more »

Life Worthwhile

A life lived for others--is a life worthwhile.

— Einstein —

A life lived for others–is a life worthwhile.  ~Einstein We continue our discussion on the relational component of our Wheel of Life. The following is an excerpt from my book, In Search of PEACE: All throughout the gospels of the New Testament, Jesus tells us to love and give. The Twelve Step groups I was…

Read more »

SURROUNDINGS

If you want to grow in excellence, hang out with people who will challenge you. If you want to remain average, surround yourself with people who agree with you.

— Jay Meyer —

If you want to grow in excellence, hang out with people who will challenge you.  If you want to remain average, surround yourself with people who agree with you.  ~Jay Meyer Today we continue our focus on the relational component of our Wheel of Life. The following is from my book, In Search of PEACE:…

Read more »

HELP

You can't keep what you have unless you give it away.

— Unknown —

You can’t keep what you have unless you give it away.  ~Unknown Today we continue our focus on the relational component of our Wheel of Life. Any success I’ve had in my life has involved great support and help from other people in the community around me. In turn my continued success in these various…

Read more »

Relationships

Not everyone thinks the way you think, knows the things you know, believes the things you believe, nor acts the way you would act. Remember this and you will go a long way in getting along with people.

— Arthur Forman —

Not everyone thinks the way you think, knows the things you know, believes the things you believe, nor acts the way you would act. Remember this and you will go a long way in getting along with people.  `Arthur Forman Being fit from a spiritual, mental and physical standpoint is a real key in passionately…

Read more »

Counsel

Form your purpose by asking for counsel, then carry it out using all the help you can get.

— Proverbs 20:18 (MSG) —

Nothing great in life happens by doing it alone. If you are trying to make the most of yourself it will not happen without surrounding yourself with wise counsel. Sometimes the most powerful three words we can say are, “I need help.” Who are you listening to? Who are you talking with? Who is…

Read more »

Walking With

The minute you think you have all the answers is the minute you begin digressing. The wisest people I know ask a lot more questions than they give answers.

— JJMeyer —

The minute you think you have all the answers is the minute you begin digressing. The wisest people I know ask a lot more questions than they give answers.