Category: Community

Daily focalPOINT – Peers

“You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with.”  ~Jim Rohn Ever wonder why you think the way you do?  Take a look at who you are hanging out with and this includes the “people” on T.V., in books and on tapes. A few people I spend time with every…

Read more »

Daily focalPOINT

“Anyone can achieve success at the expense of others; it takes a special person to achieve success for the benefit of others.” ~Jay Meyer Last year our pastor asked us on the day prior to the day someone predicted the world was supposed to end to reflect on what we would change if we knew what…

Read more »

Daily focalPOINT

“Forgiveness is me giving up my right to hurt you for hurting me.” – Anonymous I don’t know if there is anything more difficult yet liberating than forgiveness. It is quite draining and tiring to carry a back pack full of resentments and grudges every day. Some acts against us are harder to forgive than…

Read more »

BHAG’S, BHAL’S and Your House

James 4:1, “What causes fights and quarrels among you?  Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you?” Well here it is, 2012!  I am sure many of you have given thought to changes you want to make in the year of 2012.  No one is more goal oriented, driven, disciplined and focused than…

Read more »

Rights

So I am on my way home from work Wednesday evening and my wife has notified me “I’m on my own” as far as dinner goes. Knowing I need to get some gift certificates for a friend’s Christmas present, I figured it would be time-effective to sit at the bar of my friend’s favorite restaurant,…

Read more »

It’s easy…

Colossians 3:12-14, “Therefore, God’s chosen ones, holy and loved, put on heartfelt compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience, accepting one another and forgiving one another if anyone has a complaint against another.  Just as the Lord has forgiven you, so also you must forgive.  Above all, put on love—the perfect bond of unity.” My August…

Read more »

Proverbs 31…a great Proverb to end with

Proverbs 31:8, “Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed.  Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless and see that they get justice.” (NLT) A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine sent me a text message and reminded me about a time in high school…

Read more »

Proverbs 30…control

Proverbs 30:33, “As the beating of cream yields butter and striking the nose causes bleeding, so stirring up anger causes quarrels.” (NLT) Life is so much easier to live when we focus on what we can control and I’ve pretty much narrowed the “controllables” to our faith walk, our attitude and effort.  Most of the…

Read more »