Category: Community

“The farther one travels…

the less one knows.” These are the words of George Harrison in the Beatle’s song “The Inner Light.” They came to me as I was reading Proverbs–“A truly wise person uses few words; a person with understanding is even-tempered.” (17:27 NLT), “Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions.”…

Read more »

What is life?

James 2:8-If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing right. Each week I email a “Thought For The Week” to my business teammates throughout the midwest. It is usually something simple, but more often than not it invokes personal reflection and thought, which is the…

Read more »

The End

I started my day having to do something no dog owner ever wants to do. I had to bury our 14 year old lab/chow, Jasmine. What a great dog! As I shoveled the last bit of dirt on her grave during a steady rain this morning, I couldn’t help but get a little emotional. The…

Read more »

Focus

Focus is paramount in achieving our dreams and goals and our focus becomes blurred and distracted when we focus on things we have no control over. The former UCLA basketball coach John Wooden, who is undoubtedly the greatest college basketball coach of all time, often told others that he very seldom spent time worrying about…

Read more »

Livin’ the Real Way

My favorite definition of character is “the ability to handle the demands of reality.” The stronger your character the better you can handle whatever life throws your way-without compromising the core beliefs God has given you. Living a Godly life means living a life in reality. For years I created my own reality. Addictions and…

Read more »

Life’s a bitch…

and then you die.  This saying could never be truer than it is for my dear friend who recently took his own life.  He experienced many challenges throughout his life and he obviously decided he had had enough.  I grew up with this guy.  We had the same dreams and aspirations.  We spent hours and…

Read more »