“The worth of a book is to be measured by what you can carry away from it.” ~James Bryce
A couple of you emailed me and asked me to share the other books that are beside my bed along with my Bible:
1. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey–best book ever written (my opinion) about personal development and improvement.
2. The Leadership Challenge, by Kouzes & Posner–best book ever written (my opinion) about developing personal leadership as well as developing other leaders in an organization.
3. John Adams, by David McCullough–I try to read at least one book a year about our great country’s history.
4. The Road to Missional–Journey to the Center of the Church, by Michael Frost–Great book about what is wrong with Church in America.
5. Soaring With The Phoenix, by Belasco & Stead–Great book on how to build a new culture in an organization…I utilized this back in the day.
And I almost forgot I have a couple of books on my iPad I am also reading: Simply Jesus, by N.T. Wright and The Truth about Leadership, by Kouzes & Posner.
…the more I know, the more I know I need to know…in essence growth is a verb.
Proverbs 18:15, “An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.” (ESV)