Anxiety is an emotion I’ve lived with for as long as I can remember. A turning point in dealing with it (instead of allowing it to deal with me) was when I realized anxiety was rooted in fear.
After experiencing this breakthrough, I dug a little deeper and found fear was often the root cause of all the negative outputs in my life.
A few years ago, I wrote a devotional book about fear– “FEAR-PROOF.”
In the book, I discuss the various ways in which the devil uses fear to stunt our growth.
Our great nation is battling fear like never before and this is reflective in the way people are at intense odds with each other over the handling of COVID-19 as well as their conflicting opinions about politics.
Mainstream and Social media have played a huge role in creating this friction among Americans.
BTW…the devil loves to create friction between people since its adversary (God) is all about love.
Years ago, I received an impactful bit of advice from a friend in a 12-Step meeting. He said, “Whenever faced with an issue that is stealing your serenity from you, step back and ask yourself this question: How important is it really?”
How important is all of this…REALLY?
Especially if you are living your life for Christ and not for men.
Take a Deep Breath
Tomorrow begins the season of Lent, and as I’ve done a couple of times in the past, the focus of my EagleLaunch writings will be on the devil’s favorite four-letter word...fear.
Most of us yearn to know the truth, and often fear tries its best to prevent us from finding it.
- Lent is a season for fasting from a habit that blocks us from living in the Truth, i.e., the ways and life of Jesus Christ.
- Lent is a season for additional prayer and time with the Truth.
- Lent is a season for us to get out of ourselves and help others, which we are called to do by the Truth.
For the next six and a half weeks, why not take a deep breath and separate yourself from everything that doesn’t matter to get closer to the One who does matter?
Please join me on this journey of conquering fear one day at a time.
If you know of someone who may benefit from this Lenten journey, please forward my daily thoughts to him or her or shoot them the link to my website https://www.eaglelaunch.com/ and they can sign up to receive them in their mailbox each morning.
What negative behaviors and feelings in your life are rooted out of fear?
Do you have faith in a higher power?
Continuously turn your fears over to God in faith, and peace will replace your fears…I write from experience.
Here are some great verses to better equip you in overcoming your fears:
- Deuteronomy 31:8 “He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
- Romans 8:28 “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”
- Isaiah 41:10, “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
- Isaiah 43:1 “Don’t fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine.”
- Matthew 17:7, “But Jesus came and touched them. ‘Get up,’ he said, ‘Don’t be afraid.'”
- 1 John 4:18 “Perfect Love Casts Out All Fear.”
- Psalm 18:2 “The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer.”
Faith (God) eats fear (the devil) for lunch every day of the week…I write from experience.