Category: Community

Proverbs 18…listen to learn

Proverbs 18:2, “Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions.” One of my favorite personal development books is “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People,” by Stephen R. Covey.  Covey methodically goes through 7 Habits he has observed in all people who are highly effective.  The 5th Habit is;…

Read more »

Proverbs 17…less=more

Proverbs 17:27-28, “A truly wise person uses few words; a person with understanding is even-tempered.  Even fools are thought wise when they keep silent; with their mouths shut, they seem intelligent.” (NLT) It would be foolish for me to add anything else… P.E.A.C.E. jay@eaglelaunch.com

Defining our “vomit”

Proverbs 26:11, “As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his foolishness.” The 26th Proverb is a great lesson about fools and the 11th verse is a translation of one of my favorite quotes, “the definition of insanity is doing things the same way and expecting different results.” I don’t know about you,…

Read more »

Bad Company

1 Corinthians 15:33, “Don’t be fooled by those who say such things, for bad company corrupts good character.” Paul’s statement in the scripture above is so simple yet so true. As I’ve shared many times, I use my P.E.A.C.E. acrostic as a simple formula to keep me on a successful track in life.  I know first…

Read more »

“Weighing” our words…

Proverbs 15:28, “The heart of the righteous weighs its answers, but the mouth of the wicked gushes evil.” (NIV) I can remember sitting with a group of mentors/peers and one from the group said to the other, “Dan, you are always so quiet, what are you thinking?”  Dan responded, “Oh you know there is a…

Read more »

Life “refreshener”

Proverbs 11:25 “A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed” In the 25th verse of today’s Proverb, Solomon gives us a key ingredient in bringing “freshness” to others’ lives.  He simply tells us to refresh others. When it comes to relationships with others where do you spend your time?  Do…

Read more »